Thursday, November 29, 2012

PEG …



This picture was taken in 1933. That’s me on the right, age 1 yr, and to my left is my sister Peg … born just 14 months earlier. It’s interesting to realize that our facial expressions never changed much over the years. Peg was always a little dubious and cautious and I was the one who charged ahead and wondered why things weren’t going my way !

When it was time to go to school Peg went to Kindergarten and then to a sort of “trial” class called “transition” before 1st grade. It was cancelled before I started school and, of course, that meant that Peg and I ended up in the same grade … and that’s how it was for the rest of our lives … like twins we were side by side in everything. To say that Peg and I were close is an understatement.

I actually introduced her to the wonderful man who has been her husband for more than 50 years and it‘s been a joy to watch their family grow. Peg was extremely generous and loving but she never took credit for any of it. Even during these past difficult years she kept her humility and her low-key sense of humor.

Peg will always be the big sister that taught me what it means to love. I will miss her more than words can convey.

PEG……December 28, 1931 ……November 28, 2012



13 Comments:

Blogger Grace-WorkinProgress said...

Very sweet. She will always be with you in spirit until you meet again.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Bonnie Jacobs said...

Oh, Ginnie, I'm so sorry. I'm glad you have wonderful memories, but how difficult to lose your sister.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Aw, sorry for your loss. Hugs.

3:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ginnie ... Sincere condolences, from one who also lost a family member this week... John

7:28 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

Oh, so sorry for your loss. Losing a sibling is always difficult, but losing a "twin" must be even worse. Thinking of you during this sorrowful time.

7:54 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

Ginnie, I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. You were both adorable in that photo. I always wanted a sister.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

My deepest condolences to you and your family, Ginnie. This post was a lovely tribute to your big sister, a person you obviously admired and loved so very much.

4:08 PM  
Blogger KGMom said...

Oh, Ginnie. Sorry. Sisters share such a special bond, and being close in age only increases that.
Thinking of you now.

4:21 PM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

Sorry to hear of you losing your sister Ginnie. But the good memories will always be there....

5:31 AM  
Blogger possum said...

AH, Ginnie... as I said in my email, my heart goes out to you. You were so blessed to have had her for all these years. I do understand your pain and loss.
Love, possum

4:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Ginnie, how sad to lose your beloved sister at this time of the year or ever. You were both little dolls. Dianne

12:45 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

I'm so sorry, Ginnie. I did not know that you lost your dear sister until now. I've been not as diligent with reading blogs as of late. I'm glad that you have such fond memories of her and that you were both so close.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ginnie, I was so sorry to get an e-mail from Cliff about Peg's passing. I had hoped to visit her now that I lived closer. My prayers are with you and her family.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home