Monday, November 22, 2010

FETCH !!



Don’t you just love this picture? I like it so much that I use it as my desktop background. I took it when I went to visit my friend Michael, the beekeeper.

After Michael showed me his bees and how they operated we took a drive around his 200 acre farm … his two VERY LARGE Weimaraner dogs keeping pace behind the truck.

I have to admit that I am not a dog person (unlike all the rest of my family) and these two were daunting to say the least. But they turned out to be very sweet once they’d determined I wasn’t the enemy ! Actually they are beautiful animals and I love their soulful eyes and that amazingly soft, light grayish-brown coloration of their coats.



When we reached the lake we parked and treated the dogs to a game of “fetch from the water” which they loved. Of course our arms gave out long before they tired of jumping in and retrieving the branches that we threw.

Eventually it was time to call it quits and with all that acreage you would think they could find a better place to shake the water off than right next to us … but, a good dousing was a small price to pay for an afternoon of fun !

7 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

I love Weimaraners. I think they are beautiful, there color!
Sounds like a fun afternoon. A bit wet but fun! Love Di ♥

1:41 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

I love Weimaraners. They are so affectionate, and their coloring is really nice.

3:35 PM  
Blogger KGMom said...

Weimaraners are most amazing dogs. Their color is taupe (to me) and their eyes the same. Actually, their eyes look kind of creepy.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I quite like dogs -- in others' houses and care. :)

4:32 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

Nice Ginnie. You know what a dog person I am. I have some friends who have several Weims. They are a bit too hyper for me. I prefer the more laid back English Labrador temperament. And of course, my dear greyhounds.

3:54 AM  
Blogger possum said...

What a fun day! Glad they decided you were friendly... Guess they check us out the same way we check them. "Does that lady bite?"
"Nah, she's OK, gives good ear rubs..."

5:16 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I have no personal experience with this breed of dog but from what you say, they are similar to my Heidi in temperament although they also are retievers.

What a lovely pond to have on one's farm property.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home