Wednesday, October 27, 2010

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL


A few weeks back I made the long road trip North to see my daughter and her husband in NY State. Even though it takes me about 13 hours one way I still thoroughly enjoy the trip. It’s my time to “chill out” and take in the lovely scenery along the way.

This picture is of their business in Stanfordville, NY called Bowen Barn. It’s chock full of antiques, artifacts, paintings, books, furniture and just about anything else that might tickle your fancy.

The carved pumpkins give the barn a festive air and I love the way that my son-in-law added the “hair”. Those two pumpkins seem to be daring the elephant to take a flying leap but he’s been up there for quite a few years and I doubt if he’s going anywhere!

It’s always a treat to hit that part of the county in October and you can see why by this picture…


Isn’t that gorgeous? It is a view of Hunn’s Lake and (if you look carefully) you can see a white house across the water. We actually lived there in the mid 60’s.

So, that’s it for now. I wish every one of you a happy and safe Halloween. I’ll tell you more about my trip in the next few blog entries.

6 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Living there looks like a real treat.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Lovely Ginnie! What a great way to relax and enjoy the scenery! See you soon. Love Di ♥

4:26 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

I stole that pic for my wallpaper! That place is gorgeous. I'd love to see that barn and I bet I could find stuff I want! LOL

8:36 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The lake and fall colors were spectacular, Ginnie - Happy Halloween to you too!

8:38 PM  
Blogger possum said...

WOW! What a beautiful spot!
Awesome!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

I hope that you had a good one. That part of the country is beautiful.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home