Saturday, September 27, 2008

The LEE girls ... my sisters and me ... 1958


Well, here we are ... 5 sisters with an age range from 25 to 33. Of course this was taken 50 years ago and our ages have changed accordingly!

We have Mary, the oldest girl, (bottom right) who, at the age of 62 obtained her Masters degree in Social Work (MSW) and worked in that field on Cape Cod, Massachusetts, until her mid 70’s.

Barbara comes next (middle top row). She and her Danish husband turned a small hybrid seed business into one of the largest on the West coast. They traveled extensively and she now lives on the grounds of her son’s thriving winery in California.

The middle child is Nancy (bottom left) who started an antique business with $50 borrowed from her husband back in the 60’s and watched it grow. She is now in a retirement home and her large inventory has yet to be dispersed ... it will be quite an undertaking.

Peg-Leg is my affectionate name for my sister Peggy (top row left). She is the most domestic of all the girls and is still providing a cozy and serene household for her husband of over 53 years. (Actually she provides that in two places, Cape Cod in the summer and Gainesville, Florida in the winter.)

And then there’s me ... top right. Nothing to report here since you know me pretty well if you’ve been following my blog.

Anyway, I found this picture and thought it might be fun to show you how my sisters and I looked 50 years ago. Little did we know then that wrinkles, saggy skin and brown spots would be waiting to claim us in 2008. But, all that aside, I wouldn’t have missed a minute of it.

8 Comments:

Blogger KGMom said...

Awwww--Ginnie--this is very sweet. I have ONE sister, and I can't imagine having her times four. Great to see the photo, and a quick peak into their lives.

6:35 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

There are five pretty women there, Ginnie, and it sounds as though they are five accomplished women, too! I enjoy photos of any age, and this is no exception.Thanks for sharing.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

What an impressive quintet!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

You ladies are quite beautiful. And I'm sure that beauty has held up with time. My mother was still beautiful at 95 and many people told her so. It was a regal mature beauty. Thanks for sharing a great photo.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Chancy said...

Ginnie
What a fine gaggle of girls you and your sisters were.
I never had a sister so I envy you.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

What a lovely sisterhood. You have all lived interesting an productive lives. From what you wrote I assume all are alive so you have all lived long lives.

4:09 AM  
Blogger Bud said...

Ginny, you haven't changed at all. I just knew there was a winery somewhere in your family!!

2:11 AM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Healthy glowing skin, white teeth, just joyous, thanks for sharing Ginnie :)

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home