Sunday, January 24, 2021

Out of the mouths of babes ...

 


I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that on the day that Biden was sworn in as President and after Trump left office with a dismal 34% approval rating the overwhelming majority of Republicans, 82%, still approved of his job performance. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE REPUBLICANS?

I started watching the politics of our country around the time of the McCarthy hearings (1954) and have always found it fascinating. Both sides have been contentious and I've actually admired some of the “real” Republicans, but that seems to be a thing of the past. Money, power and fear seem to be what rules the Republican party now and once again (as always) THE DEMOCRATS ARE CALLED ON TO CLEAN IT UP !

I have high hopes for the Biden administration. I truly believe that, not only does he have a brilliant choice of people to surround him, but he is a man that we can look up to and admire. Although it is evident that the divide between the two parties is WIDE I have seen one glimmer of hope and it is:

17 House Republican freshmen sent a letter of congratulation to Biden. In part it read, “after two impeachments, lengthy inter-branch investigations, and most recently, the horrific attack on our nation's capital, it is clear that the partisan divide between Democrats and Republicans does not serve a single American.”

Out of the mouths of babes” … 17 House freshman who show the “big guys” in the Senate what it looks like to GROW UP !



5 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

That sounds hopeful. Hope it continues!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Fingers crossed.

5:29 AM  
Blogger Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

From my friend Jan ...

Thank god for those that want to save our democracy vs those others I won't mention that ran to join the Rump in destroying our government and all the good things we have accomplished over the years.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

We do need some fresh voices that aren't mired in tradition. I have faith in the younger thinkers.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Joared said...

Incredible, the lack of courage in our U..S. Senate. I’ve lost respect for so many so-called leaders among those with whom I don't agree, unlike in many years past. There is so much at stake.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home