Monday, January 18, 2021

HOLDING ON …. FINGERS CROSSED

 


It's January 18th, Monday morning, as I write this. I'm sorry that I can't post something more uplifting but I am barely holding on with fingers crossed in the hopes that we will get through the next 3 days intact as a country.

I am still in shock over the events of Wednesday the 6th but, sadly not really surprised. From the very first day that Trump was elected he started the lies … (remember how his crowd attendance was the “biggest ever”?) and that has only accelerated over the years. His “fake news” with “alternative facts” was the final lie that locked it all together.

I pray that I can follow up on Thursday with a blogger post of victory. In the meantime I do have one good thing to share. I've found that being 87 years old has it's advantages. Our county is now out of vaccine but was able to “get all the citizens aged 87 on up scheduled and vaccinated before that happened.”

I am scheduled to get the Covid Vaccine shot tomorrow morning. Hooray !




3 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I think you folk are doing better than we are in getting the vaccine out. Long term care facilities and indigenous communities seem to be the main targets so far, which is fair enough. Also prisoners, I think, and that is fair enough too.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Me too Ginnie. Holding my breath and hoping we can just get by this with no more violence.
Hope you get your vaccine soon. I am on the list but holding my breath on that too.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

Yay. I am so happy for you.

Our daughter had two shots of the vaccine. She works in a nursing home. The residents have had their first shot.

I am hopeful for an incident free ceremony for the new administration!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home