Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Fodder for my brain …


I've always loved being challenged by crossword puzzles and am convinced that it's helped to keep my brain active. That's never seemed to be more important than now during this lock-down phase of the Covid pandemic.

So … when I realized I was down to my last few puzzles in my current crossword book I decided to buy a new one. When I saw this one I was thrilled. Imagine getting 1001 New York Times puzzles for the paltry sum of $15.79.

For some reason that number of puzzles didn't really compute with my mind until I received the actual book. It's HUGE, (8 ½ x 11 and 1½ inches thick), very heavy and has 4 puzzles to a page (2 on the front and 2 on the back). I was almost overwhelmed at first but now I've found a way to make it work for me.

I would never deface a “regular” book by tearing out a page at a time but, happily, this book is printed on a light newspaper-like paper that cries out for me to do just that. It makes it so much easier to handle and I just toss the page when done.

So I am very happy with my purchase and am determined to finish it …even though, at a puzzle a day, I will be 92+ when that day gets here.  

6 Comments:

Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Yikes, good luck with that and enjoy. Glad you can tear the pages out. Wouldn't want to wrestle with a book that size.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

You can do it Ginnie. You are undaunted! Enjoy!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Bonnie Jacobs said...

Enjoy your puzzles YOUR way, to 92+ and beyond. I'm smiling because crossword puzzles are the way my mother kept her mind sharp.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Joared said...

My husband enjoyed crossword puzzles, too. I’ve not gotten into them on a regular basis. Have fun with your book!

12:31 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I thought of tearing pages as soon as you mentioned how big the book is.

3:23 AM  
Blogger Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

From my friend Jan ...

Wow, that is a giant of a book! Let me know when you get near the end of the book- I will send you the next edition!

I do crossword puzzles, too, but have been hung up on Sudoku for several years now. I need help with the number side of my brain. I have always been a bit dyslexic in the number department. I think tearing the pages out is the thing to do. Good idea!
Have fun!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home