Friday, July 31, 2020

Trump … our very own Witch Doctor


 In 2008 Barack Obama was elected President. We Democrats were thrilled but little did we know what was in store for us. In our enthusiasm and naivety we took our eyes off the political ball and in 2010 the Tea-party side of the Republican party managed to take over and we've been paying for it ever since.

It is now 10 years later and nothing has changed. That became crystal clear with President Trumps recent support for a questionable “doctor's summit” on TV. These “frontline doctors” were espousing Trump's declaration that Hydroxychloroquine is a safe drug and very effective in fighting Covid 19 and that masks are not a necessity and it featured the eccentric Dr. Stella Emmanuel.

The video, (co-founded by Tea Party Patriots) which racked up more than 13 million viewers on Facebook (before it was taken down for promoting false information) included bizarre medical claims by Dr. Emmanuel, such as “some gynecological ailments are caused by people having sex in a dream world with demons”, etc.

When questioned about this at his daily press meeting Trump replied “I can tell you this. She was on the air along with many other doctors. They were big fans of hydroxychloroquine and I thought she was very impressive...” As one reporter pressed him further about masks he stormed out of the briefing room.  
Can you imagine that this is actually the leader of our country? God help us …..

(PS: Apologies to those who prefer only “feel good” articles. I agree that they are nice and give us a “breather” but I also feel strongly that we need to face what is actually going on or it will be our undoing. My next post is non-political !)




5 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

When I think I’ve seen it all, Mr. T opens his mouth and I am flabbergasted again. I hope November holds the cure.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Just when we think he can't go any farther off the rails. Mercy on us all.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Don't apologize. Venting is healthy. Your country will get worse and worse until it gets better.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

testing

4:53 AM  
Blogger Linda P. said...

Sometimes, in order to feel good, I need to know I'm not the only person in the world, other than my husband, who feels as I do. So, this was a feel-good post for me!

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home