Sunday, January 13, 2019

Vegetarian dinner ... or a great side dish


I’m always looking for simple recipes and this one really hit’s the spot. It’s great as a side dish with meats, fish or poultry but can also make a filling and satisfactory lunch without any additions.       BROCCOLI SPAGHETTI

1 BUNCH of BROCCOLI (separate flowerets and cut the stems into 1” pieces)

1 LB. of SPAGHETTI

1 stick of BUTTER

2 CLOVES of GARLIC

PARMESAN CHEESE

Bring 4 quarts of water and 1 tbsp. of salt to a boil. Add the spaghetti … cook 2 minutes.
Add the broccoli to spaghetti and cook 8 minutes more.

Meanwhile mince the garlic and brown in the melted butter.

Drain spaghetti and broccoli and toss well with the garlic-butter mix. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve immediately.

ENJOY !!

5 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I'm not a fan of broccoli, I'm sad to say. I do have my problems with veggies.

3:45 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

My kind of meal! Love it!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Love broccoli and do that only with pasta.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Broccoli is one of my favorites, but not Grenville's, so we compromise on cauliflower, asparagus and other veggies. I also like Brussel sprouts and he does not. This simple dish is one I would enjoy solo.

4:09 PM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

We have variations of that pasta on a regular basis. Always filling and always delicious.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home