Sunday, November 06, 2016

Back to the womb ...


As I write this it is Sunday the 6th of November and the dreaded day of reckoning comes this Tuesday. No matter what the outcome of the election I fear that we have some tough years ahead as a nation. I don't usually hide from facts like this but I'm so sick of the whole mess that all I want to do is go back to the womb and start over.


With that in mind I went back to my photo albums (some of you may remember when we actually pasted pictures in to albums instead of copying them to a computer !). I found this sweet picture that my mother sketched when she was in the hospital in February of 1933 just after I was born.

I was the youngest of 5 girls to be born to a Mother and Father who not only loved each other but showered that love on us all. When I remember that time I realize how simple life was then.
And here I am 10 months later …
 
It was my first Christmas and, although our country was in a depression and we had seven mouths to feed, we lacked for nothing. Gifts were few and mostly hand made but all came with love.

Of course I don't actually want to go back and start over but it pains me to listen to the hatred and nastiness that seems to be standard fare today… and to think that it may be the first thing that many of our children hear. They deserve so much more !

7 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

Such lovely memories, Ginnie! This too will pass, I pray!

You were a sweet baby!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Times were simpler then, especially for those like you and me who were blessed to be bron into good families. Cheer up though, it surely can't get worse than this.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

I just love the sketch your Mom made of you. That is a real keeper.
It seems everyday I utter the words as I read a story--"What is wrong with people???" It isn't just politics, it is people's behavior in general. Scary. Womb sounds good.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sadly, I fear that we could be headed for worse troubles no matter who wins on Tuesday. Thanks for sharing your lovely memories and photos, Ginnie.

1:45 PM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

What a lovely card your mother drew. And how wonderful to be born into a family that knew that the greatest thing is love.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've been through rougher times. Cheer up, at least it will be entertaining.

5:13 AM  
Blogger possum said...

What a treasure! Well, treasures, actually... but to have that drawing - priceless.

Thanks. It was a bright spot on this horrible scary day. I am struggling to find the bright spots! You helped!

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home