Monday, October 17, 2016

Update on my political yard sign …


Three and a half weeks ago you might remember that I wrote a blog entry about this sign that I made and posted on my front lawn. I had trepidations that it might be stolen in the night, etc., etc. but that hasn't happened !
 
 
However … I've had some interesting feedback. Of course your comments are part of that but I also have a few friends who don't comment on line but have called or seen me and who read my blog and they are all in agreement that it sends a good message.
Also, on the positive side, I have had two women (complete strangers) actually come to my door to give me their input and support. I am in a very pro Trump area so this gladdens my heart. However, just a few days ago I found this on my front porch:
 
I could feel the frustration of the person who wrote that and I wish I had been home and confronted one-on-one instead of just receiving words written on cardboard. In 2008 I was excited too and looking forward to many much needed changes in our country. In actuality (in my estimation) things did start to change and then we Democrats made a drastic error. We failed to realize how very critical the mid-term elections were and, in 2010, the Tea Party Republicans were able to get a majority of their members elected. That has taught us a bitter lesson as we've watched the past 6 years go by with nothing of import being accomplished because of their constant stone walling.

I think their reign is coming to an end as politicians of both parties have come to see that working together (using that dreaded word COMPROMISE) is the only fair way to pay homage to those of us who elected them to office. I pray that it will be the case.

9 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

Ginnie, I pray you are right. God help the world if you are not!

5:13 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

I too, pray you are right. I could not take 4 or more years of Trump's face.

8:07 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

Amen to that!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

I was wondering how your sign survived. I agree, if we don't have a congress supporting our president, no one gets anything done. Hope those who only vote for the president will also hit the poles for the mid terms or we are in for another locked government.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

To pick up on what you have said, they have tried 7 years of a republican congress, so they should move on.:)

1:57 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad the sign survived and just hope the country will both before and after this upcoming election.

5:38 PM  
Blogger joared said...

Glad your sign remains and those who may disagree have been civil. Perhaps some of the congressional disrupters will not be reelected, but don't know what states they're in or their names.

2:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like NC is trending your way. Praying for good outcome. No, they didn't try Democrat way. They are nuts. All the Republicans did was block Obama. Had to laugh at O's comments yesterday. I want Dems all the way or else we will seem the roadblocks again.

10:12 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Catching up....
As you probably know by now, my 3 signs all disappeared. I have a 1/10th of a mile of road frontage with my house in the middle, so lots of room for signs which this year included a 4x4 for Clinton/Kaine. The 2 small Clinton signs lasted a week longer than the Big one. After some friends put that up my yard became a beer bottle dump. Maybe they were taking aim at the sign as they drove by. I dunno. But on Thurs, the signs were gone.
So far most of the Clinton signs here have been stolen or defaced.
What does that say about the other side?

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home