Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Truly a life saver …

This beautiful dog is named Racquel and she is my ex-daughter in law’s service dog. Between Racquel and Faye, my wonderful granddaughter, they have managed to keep Danielle alive … literally. She is an extremely brittle Type 1 Diabetic and Racquel has been meticulously trained to sense when her blood sugar levels are out of whack.

As some of you long time blogger friends might remember I was married to a brittle diabetic and I know, first hand, how critical it is to get immediate treatment when needed. Now Racquel is 11 years old and it is about time for her to retire. She will still be their pet but it’s critical that they have a service replacement and it entails training for both the new dog and Danielle. I have wondered how they would handle this and am amazed and happy that they have found:


I had vaguely heard about these services but never knew it could help a family member. Although my son and Danielle are no longer together they are still very close and, of course, this affects us all. Their daughter Faye is also diabetic but thankfully not nearly as brittle as her mom. I am fascinated that Danielle has taken the initiative this way to raise funds for a new service dog. All that I’ve read about  gofundme  has been positive and I hope she reaches her goal.

If you google:
http://www.gofundme.com/t4eqz8r it will bring you to her site and I think you will find it very interesting. Thanks in advance for caring.

4 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

All the best to humans and dogs.

4:02 PM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

Heart warming indeed. What good dogs can help with is amazing...:)

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ginnie, I'll check this out. Thanks

10:49 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

Thanks for posting this, Ginnie.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home