Thursday, August 07, 2014

A new look to an old standby …

 

A friend and I spent a lovely few hours this week at the Pik ‘n Pig, a restaurant in a nearby town that specializes in homemade barbecue. It’s not my favorite food but it’s fun to sit outside and watch the small planes land.

I hadn’t been there for a few years and was very surprised to see all the changes that have been made. As you can see in the pictures two memorials and a replica War plane are now on display. One plaque is in memory of a Moore County native son, James McConnell who fought in WWI and the other honors  Lt. Robert Hoyle Upchurch, a WWII airman who was a member of Chennaults “Flying Tigers” prior to the United States entry into the war.

Here we are…Olive and me, after a very hearty lunch complete with fried pickles !





 
 
 


 

8 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

I know you told me about that place. Maybe I can go there after I see my surgeon on the 14th!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I always figured yiz wuz just plane folk.

5:50 PM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

Sometimes the most interesting things show up in the most unexpected places....:)

6:25 AM  
Blogger possum said...

All that and fried pickles, too! How cool is that?
Glad you had a fun day!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Fried Pickles ?? I can see my food education is lacking.
I love it when the true heroes get proper notice.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

nice seeing this post once before and now again...in case you didn't know it speared twice, Ginnie.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You both look sunny. A lovely way to spend a day.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

It looks like a good time and I'm sure the food was great.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home