Thursday, July 29, 2010

One of the many rewards of Blogging…



Some of you may remember the blog entry that I had back in June of 2008 entitled “The ‘Other’ Tea Party”. It was about the time that JFK ran for the US Senate in 1952 and his mother, Rose, hosted a slew of tea parties in the Boston area to promote him.

I was studying for a Journalism degree at BU then and our class got a blanket invitation to attend. It was considered quite a coup to be invited so I was thrilled.

Just recently I had a nice email from a lady named Sara who is an intern at the John F. Kennedy Historic Site in Brookline, MA. where he was born. She had come across my blog in her research and wanted permission to quote from it. She said that they are “currently working on a special event and that the quote would be placed within a small photo exhibit that will accompany the event.”


JFK Birthplace, 83 Beals St, Brookline, Massachusetts.

Now, I realize that this is not a big deal, but it does help to reinforce that parts of my past do merit being written about and remembered. I feel pretty sure that you bloggers out there know what I mean. It’s not an EGO thing. It’s knowing that our words are not falling on deaf ears and that they just may open up memories for others.

8 Comments:

Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

yes Ginnie, our blogs are read world wide and it is anmazing the people we connect with isn't it? Awesome I say :)

3:31 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

That is an awesome thing Ginnie. I don't think that the words are lost but will live on.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

I totally agree Ginnie.
This is part of the problem with our society today. We must pass down memories , experiences, and knowledge. I do believe that parents today are so lackadaisical.
Selfish, unconcerned.
Our job is to pass all of our knowledge on to our children, yet so many parents choose the easy way out.
What a thrill it must have been for you. And I am sure that your adult children are just as thrilled for you!
Love Di ♥

7:27 PM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

What a lovely memory. The birthplace in Brookline is a lovely house.

When I was training as a Chaplain at Morgan Memorial of Goodwill Industries, Rose Kennedy can by to visit the sheltered workshop for mentally handicapped adults that she funded.( Flame of Hope Candles). She was a woman with a great presence.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It does go to remind us, Ginnie, that this is indeed a small world. How nice when a connection to your past is made quite unexpectedly. BTW I received my journalism degree from Templue Univ in Phila.

5:46 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

How nice that they found you and let you know that!

I wrote about meeting Jack in 1960 - but they didn't contact me! LOL

9:23 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It's a vindication of sorts. Even a tiny ego-stroking isn't necessarily a bad thing.

10:38 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Oh, how cool!
It is amazing the people that we find and who find us thru our blogs. I have found some good friends - you included!
And I so appreciate you being there for me when I needed someone to talk to. OK, maybe I am not JFK or any Kennedy -but I really appreciate you even tho I don't get on here very often.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home