Monday, June 21, 2010

Vegetarian dinner or a great side dish …


I’m always looking for simple recipes and this one really hit’s the spot. It’s great as a side dish with meats, fish or poultry but can also make a filling and satisfactory lunch without any additions.

BROCCOLI SPAGHETTI

1 BUNCH of BROCCOLI (separate flowerets and cut the stems into 1” pieces)

1 LB. of SPAGHETTI

1 stick of BUTTER

2 CLOVES of GARLIC

PARMESAN CHEESE

Bring 4 quarts of water and 1 tbsp. of salt to a boil. Add the spaghetti … cook 2 minutes.
Add the broccoli to spaghetti and cook 8 minutes more.

Meanwhile mince the garlic and brown in the melted butter.

Drain spaghetti and broccoli and toss well with the garlic-butter mix. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve immediately.

ENJOY !!

6 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

A whole CUP of butter??!! Do you really need that much?

8:55 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Looks interesting. I should try it. But I'll probably forget immediately.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

Thanks to Kenju I was able to edit my post and make it "1 STICK of Butter". Thanks, Judy.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

I make something similar for my Katie that she loves. Everything is the same except we use olive oil instead of butter. It is a different flavor but very good as well!
Love Di ♥

8:58 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

My mother used to make something similar to this recipe and I can remember always loving it. Thanks for the happy memory, Ginnie.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

Thanks Ginnie. I like broccoli and pasta is a favorite--simple and good. I probably would use olive oil as well.

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home