Sunday, May 09, 2010

Proving, once again, that Fact can be funnier than Fiction.


These Church Bulletins (complete with all their BLOOPERS) were actually posted or announced in church services:

“The sermon this morning: 'Jesus Walks on Water‘. The sermon tonight: ‘Searching for Jesus.'“

“Don’t let worry kill you off. Let the church help.”

“At the evening service tonight the sermon topic will be ‘What is Hell?’ Come early and listen to our choir practice.”

“Place your donation in the envelope along with the deceased person you want remembered.”

“The ladies of the Church have cast off clothing of every kind. They may be seen in the basement on Friday afternoon.”

“Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10 am. All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the BS is done.”

“The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare’s Hamlet in the church basement Friday at 7 pm. The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.”

“Weight Watchers will meet at 7pm at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use large double door at the side entrance.”

“The minister unveiled the church’s new campaign slogan last Sunday .
It reads… ‘I Upped My Pledge …Now Up Yours’. ”








.

6 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

There are some new ones (to me) and good ones here. :)

6:37 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

They are all amusing, but I love #4!

9:07 PM  
Blogger steveroni said...

I'm laughing still at the "campaign" thing: upped my pledge--UP YOURS! and several others are real gems, Ginnie.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

I love these Ginnie! Love Di ♥

5:24 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

I like the cast off clothing of the ladies! These all made me laugh out loud. Gotta love the English language.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

This comes at a most apt time... my friend has some Jehovah's witness people door knock today at her place, and she let them inside and we all had a great constructive chat. I wish I had known these before then. Then again.. nah, it was all good.

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home