Sunday, June 13, 2010

A “blogger” date at the NC Museum of Art

For the second time I met up with my blogger friend Judy who lives about an hour north of me. A few years back she and her husband came to Pinehurst and my friend Bud (a blogger for a very short time) treated us all to lunch. This time it was just the girls …Judy, me and my good friend Mara. We met at the Museum of Art in Raleigh.

We toured the new building and it was quite a change from the original. I am still trying to figure out if I like it or if it is a little stark for my taste. Judy was able to take pictures of the inside and she’s posted some here at "Imagine". I was afraid that my flash camera would get me thrown out of the museum so I stuck to taking pictures outside.

Here they are: The “Monet” pond (complete with water lilies, of course ) and the Rodin statue in the background…and two very stylized trees that decorated the grounds. You can see how huge they are.




As Judy mentioned in her blog we were disappointed not to be able to eat lunch at the museum but made up for it at the Italian restaurant, Brio’s. All in all it was a fun day and I loved getting reacquainted with my blogger friend

7 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

Thanks, Ginnie, I had a really good time!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I'm not sure if the place would be my preference either, but I do think it would be very interesting to see.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Thanks Ginnie! If I ever get to visit my daughter Ginny in Raleigh I will have her take me there. It sounds nice! I may be going in September!
Love Di ♥

6:18 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Nice way to spend a Sunday...getting together with friends and certainly "cooler" than being outdoors. Glad you enjoyed your weekend outing, Ginnie.

3:58 AM  
Blogger possum said...

how nice for you! Glad you had a good time!

4:21 AM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

So wish I lived there so I could come meet you all :) Wonderful times, wonderful pictures.

1:34 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

Nice Ginnie. I would like to tour that museum.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home