Friday, February 19, 2021

I subscribe to a good decision …

As most of you know I have a daily practice of searching the web for interesting anomalies of nature and historical events that I can pass on to my family with the hope that it will help us get through this isolation that comes with the Covid pandemic. It is working well and has actually brought an unexpected benefit to me.

For years I have been amazed by all the information that can be found in the National Geographic magazines. (The have been in publication since 1888). It was part of my childhood and all 7 of us in my family would look forward to each issue. However, I had forgotten that for years until my recent searches so often took me to their websight that I decided to subscribe to their digital magazine.

I wish I had done it years ago. Almost daily they share exciting and little known facts. This National Geographic photo by Karine Aigner is a perfect example.

Karine describes it like this, “The waters of the Amazon rainforest are filled with wonder and magic, and the longer you take to explore the environment, the more you begin to see. Alongside my boat in the backwaters of Yasuni National Park in Ecuador, this black caiman quietly watched and we watched it. The two horseshoe flies seemed to pose as blue mascara.”


(PS … As I'm sure you know, this is strictly my experience and not a paid commercial.)




 

4 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

The photography is spectacular.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

What a photo!

5:35 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Great shot. NO ONE does it better than Nat geo.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Joared said...

Most unusual..

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home