Friday, August 30, 2019

Can you guess where this is?







It's the town of Plovdiv, the second largest town in Bulgaria. My niece Wendy is attending an art seminar there for a week and these are two pictures that she took of the “old town”.  I am intrigued and green with envy.  I can't wait to have her send more pictures .

She writes: "It's a great group of people, interesting lectures and workshops and tomorrow we go to the opera 'Orpheus and Eurydice' by an Italian group in Plovdiv's ancient amphitheater." Of course I had to find a picture of the theater and now I am even more intrigued.  

I hate that my traveling days are over but at least I can see it through Wendy's eyes !



7 Comments:

Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

No, I would not have been able to guess correctly and while I might have suspected some place in Europe that would be my only answer. I wondered about the what looked like an amphitheater and please share if you know the answer.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

It looks charming!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

My first thought was Spain. Nope. How cool that she is getting such a chance to travel and learn also. Hey, vicarious traveling is cheaper and you don't have to get all those shots.

3:59 PM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

I guessed Italy. I love hearing of adventures of friends who still travel.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Armchair traveling is not nothing.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Linda P. said...

And now I'm seeing it, too, through your words and Wendy's photos!

4:31 AM  
Blogger lilliola said...

Plovdiv is in Bulgaria, South Europe, almost the same latitude as Italy and Spain. I was at Orpheus and Eurydice performance on 24 Aug. It was directed by an Italian director but most of the performers were Bulgarians.
It tells an ancient story in an authentic Ancient Theater ! It was really impressive. And the performance was built on chorus and other elements from ancient theater aesthetics.

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home