Wednesday, April 26, 2017

NC Senators:

                                                          
                                                                      Richard Burr

                          
                                                                        Thom Tillis

These are our NC Senators, both Republicans. I did not vote for them but am hoping against hope that they will do what Senators are supposed to do … and that's to stand up for the needs of their constituents. With this in mind I've been emailing them whenever I see something that I feel is counter to this. As you can imagine this administration gives me plenty to email about. Today I sent this:

I may be naive but I can't see how Trump proposing and enacting the largest tax cut ever for corporations will help the little guy...as he promised he would do. Losing that tax income will have to be made up in some way and it certainly isn't going to be in the form of Trump cutting back on his regular weekend jaunts or his ridiculous wall. We all know where he will try to get the money and it will be in the form of cutting any and all the programs that are so critical to the poor people, the elderly and the arts. It is becoming exceedingly clear that Trump is in a powerful position to enrich himself and those that he's chosen to surround him. My estimation of the Republican party has hit an all time low and it makes we wonder if there are none of you with the guts to oppose him and get back to caring about us. After all we are the voters that elected you and can easily be the ones to get you replaced.

I thought maybe I was just one small voice “blowing against the wind” but my children are very supportive and that gave me the push that I needed. I've sent off 9 emails so far and am pleased to say that the Senators have answered them all. Of course they're probably written by a staff member but it at least shows that they got there !

5 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

Great job, Ginnie. Democracy in action!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It doesn't hurt to try, Ginnie, but I think most of that party was bought some time ago. But keep fighting the fight.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Keep those emails flying. I am . As far as I can tell this reeks of the "trickle down theory" which didn't work when Reagan tried it.

2:18 PM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

I have never gotten a response from Burr. Nothing. Not once. Most of the others send canned responses that may or may not address my concerns. Thom Tillis was our State Representative so he has received emails from me for quite some time. At first his responses were personalized, but now that he is in the US Senate, they are the routine ones pulled from a file by his staff. He has said and done some things that are frankly embarrassing to our wonderful State. Remember his idiotic statement that restaurants should not require employees to wash their hands after using the bathroom? Stupid, even if in jest. He does not want government regulation about anything except control of women's reproductive rights.

And Burr, chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee is doing his best to stonewall the investigation into the Trump campaign ties to the Russian election influence. And all the while claiming he is leading a "bipartisan" investigation. He's more like a cowboy from Texas that a Senator from NC.

I hear time after time that these people are "doing the will of their constituents." But they tend to listen to those who do support them and cast aside the rest of us. I write so often I'm sure they have a special code name for me. But still I write. And so must we all.

5:49 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Really, that is the best you can do - just keep trying. I tend to get the standard form letter even from the Dems, and even from the folks that I know personally - unless I use their private email which I am lucky to have. Even so, I sometimes get ignored. They know I will still vote for them, but I do not vote for every Dem out there!
So you are noticed, I am sure, even if only at the end of the day on a tally sheet - 20 comments against ______________, 35 atta-boy comments. 14 Flaming idiot comments.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home