Thursday, May 07, 2015

In Loving Remembrance …


As many of you Blogger friends know this is a picture of our Canadian friend Philip who left us on April 30th. His blog “Tossing Pebbles in the Stream” has been a favorite of mine since I first encountered it in 2006.

I could always rely upon Philip to have thoroughly researched whatever it was that he was presenting on his blog. He wasn’t afraid to put his opinions “out there” but it was always backed up with facts and even a bit of humor when warranted. I feel privileged that our friendship went beyond mere commenting on each other’s blogs. We enjoyed an emailing friendship also.

Philip described his blog like this: This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Well said, Philip. You, and your tossed pebbles, will be sorely missed. You enriched my life and that of so many others. Rest well my friend.

6 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I have been looking for my photos of Philip's visit here along with Lynn, but they are not to be found. I am saddened by this loss.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

I am so sorry you have lost your blog buddy. It is easy to get attached for we often get more deeply into a blogger's life than we do a casual friend. I have lost two since I started and it is always personal.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sad when you lose a friend. He sounds like a charming fellow.

12:38 PM  
Blogger possum said...

Yes, Philip enriched the lives of all who knew him. What a compliment, eh? But it is true.
I have missed hearing from him as his disease took over his life.
I know you have, too.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It's so true that blog friends often become friends outside the blog world and how sad when it ends. I knew os Phillip's blog and that he was ill, but saddened to read here of his recent passing. A loss for many.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

Very sorry to hear that your friend is gone. The blog world has enriched so many of us.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home