Monday, November 24, 2014

The rest of my vacation …

…was spent with my beautiful daughter and her husband. They had just returned from an amazing 10 days in Barcelona (shown in the background here) and France in celebration of 25 years of marriage. It was wonderful to get caught up and to relive their adventure with them.

Some of you may recall that they have an antique and used furniture business and I always have fun when they let me pick out something to refurbish and, hopefully, make more saleable.

My daughter felt that these two cabinets would lend themselves well to Rosemaling…a type of Norwegian decorative painting , and I agreed. Here are the results:


 
The kids business is only open on Sat. & Sunday so one weekend I decided to put down the paint brush and I ran over to see my brother in law. Since his wife (my sister Peg) died he’s moved to a very nice retirement community in Duxbury, Mass. He has a whole new batch of friends and seems to have relocated very well.I can certainly attest to the good food !
…and speaking of food, tomorrow my son Matt and I head to Tampa, Florida to spend Thanksgiving with his daughter (my granddaughter) and her fiancé. So I’ll sign off for now and wish each and every one of you a safe and Happy Thanksgiving !
 

8 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

From what I can tell in the glimpses of photos, your daughter pretty well seems to be a carbon copy. But perhaps I haven't seen enough.

3:51 PM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

Wow! I am totally impressed. The pieces are lovely.

Happy Thanksgiving.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Now that was a really great anniversary present.
Wonderful job of painting. You are quite talented.
Enjoy nice warm Florida for Thanksgiving.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

11:39 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL!
But I would expect no less!

Have a good Thanksgiving! Be safe!

4:27 AM  
Blogger KGMom said...

I have a desk very like the second furniture piece to picture. I don't think I could give it the wonderful treatment you show.
Glad you had such a wonderful vacation.

1:17 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

I love the blue cabinet and your painting really sets it off.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

You have a wonderful talent and so does your DIL. Sorry to not have been around the blogs much. Life is happy and busy.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home