Saturday, March 08, 2014

Some EGGStatic chicklets…

These are my guests, the two footed gals that my daughter and her husband brought with them when they journeyed South at Christmastime. They need little care and thank me in great disproportion to what I do for them by laying at least two eggs a day.

I told my kids that they were acting a bit cocky lately and that maybe they were cooking up an Easter surprise. They didn’t agree with me but, sure enough look what they produced …

My son-in-law was the one who found the “gifts”. Of course the ladies had a cohort in this fiasco. It was me and I had a lot of fun with it! I bought these two plastic eggs that unhinged and were just the right size so that I could put one of their own eggs inside and then I‘d “planted” them.

When all was said and done I think I got a much bigger kick out of the whole fiasco than either my kids or the chicklets did … but, hey, don’t they say that we become child-like in our old age? I know that I do !
 

6 Comments:

Blogger Syd said...

Those are really pretty chickens, Ginnie. And the egg fiasco was a good one. I learned several years ago that hens can actually lay blue and green eggs.

5:40 PM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

I hope you never grow too old to play funny tricks. And I hope I don't either.

7:37 AM  
Blogger possum said...

HAHAHA!
Well, I would have laughed out loud if I had gone to gather eggs and found them. I miss having my eggs waiting for me out in the back yard. I enjoy having chickens,still wish I did... but not sure about the extra work for the old bod.
Glad you have your sense of humor still working.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Those are a good looking pair of chickens. How funny about the plastic versions.

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great surprise. I love chains who lay Easter eggs.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We shiuld never grow up, Ginnie, at least not so much that we lose sight of some good natured fun like this.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home