Monday, July 29, 2013

The end of my 3 week trip North in June …

After 4 days in NY City I grabbed the Amtrak back to Dutchess County to spend my last 2 days with my daughter and her husband. I knew we wouldn’t have too much time together since it was the end of the week and their business, Bowen Barn, is open on weekends only and I was leaving early Sunday to come home. But I love visiting their shop and was anxious to see how Jody had highlighted the two little chairs that I had painted for them. As usual she did a great job.
                                    
 

Jody is constantly changing and updating the rooms … which is quite a task when you consider that it’s a converted cow barn on three levels ! Here is another room that she “staged”…


 
Both of them are very artistic and their shop is a reflection of their talents. She has a great sense of design and Brian does amazing things with metal, as demonstrated by this 6 foot armillary.
 
   And this large bell that he fashioned from a discarded oxygen tank.
 
It has the loveliest tone, deep and reverberating and if you close your eyes you would swear you were in Italy. 

So that wraps up my 3 week trip. It went by too quickly but I came home with some lovely memories that will last a lifetime !
                  


6 Comments:

Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Your daughter is very creative and talented. I did like your chairs a lot.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Time for another trip, Ginny.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Enjoyed seeing this last stop on your trip, Ginnie, as your daughter and son in law are talented folks.

4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those rooms are so well layed out they look like they belong in a doll's house. Dianne

6:14 AM  
Blogger possum said...

I would love to take a tour of their barn! Looks wonderful!
Your daughter gets her talent from you, that is obvious!

6:08 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

Very nice, Ginnie. I really like to go to antique shops. And this shop looks to have a lot of other interesting things as well.

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home