Monday, January 03, 2011

NORTH CAROLINA, believe it or not…

December 26, 2010


December 31, 201

Isn’t this incredible? Just 5 days and the thermometer, in my little town in North Carolina went from 29 degrees on the 26th (with lots of snow) to 65 degrees on the 31st
I guess the pictures tell the whole story. That’s the front of my house and I have to admit that I much prefer it without the snow. I know you readers from “up North” will consider me a wimp but I’ve had my share of winter weather to last a lifetime.

So, now it’s 2011 and I wonder what Mother Nature has in store for this year. Let’s hope it’s less dramatic in scope but still worth blogging about !

7 Comments:

Anonymous Alan G said...

Wow Ginnie, that is a beautiful photo of your home in the snow!

In addition, that is a great "before & after" duo to boot. I am a huge fan of comparison type photos. There is just something about them that really intrigues me.

Let's all hope Mother Nature doesn't have any icing events on her schedule for 2011!

3:52 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

We also had a mild spell, and all of our snow disappeared -- very unusual. We do have a light dusting this morning, however.

4:45 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

It looks good, but I prefer no snow!! Mr. kenju just told me that snow is forecast for here next Fri.
BAH!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

That snow photo is pretty though. Who knows what is in store this winter!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

My daughter that lives in Raleigh told me about it! Fortunately she was in San Francisco at the time, although I know that she secretly missed the snow!! Love Di ♥

1:32 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Those 2 photos certainly do tell the story Ginnie. The snow here on the VA eastern shore is just about gone too. It disappeared while we were visiting family in RI, CT and PA during a post-holiday road trip. There are some predictions for a bit more light snow this weekend, hopefully NOT.

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous house! No matter the weather it is still beautiful Ginnie :)
What year was your house built? How long have you lived in it?
cazzie

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home