Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I refuse to be a CAPRICORN ! **



Look at this stodgy old goat. He represents the Zodiac sign of Capricorn. He’s conservative and cautious and dedicated to his work and preserving balance in his daily life and in the lives of those around him. All fine traits you might suggest and you’d be right; but, to me he is also boring and unimaginative.

Now look at “my sign”, the playful and artistic AQUARIAN …


She is the Zodiac’s most mysterious person. A free spirit who
not only marches to a different drummer, but often makes up new music as she goes along. She is intellectually explorative, highly original and often blazes new trails. She is, in short, a delight and I’ve loved calling her mine !

Well, according to the astronomers from the Minnesota Planetarium Society that’s all about to change. They’ve declared the snake-bearing OPHIUCHUS to be a new sign of the Zodiac and he’s slithered in to upset the apple cart for all of us. The months will now be divided by 13 instead of 12 and that puts my
birth-date of Feb. 15th under the sign of CAPRICORN.

Well, I’ll have none of it … I’ve spent the last 77 years as a proud Aquarian and it’s too late to change now. I simply refuse!

You realize, of course, that this is written “tongue in cheek” but, that being said, it does take the fun out of reading my daily horoscope. What say you? Does it bother you to be relegated to a new sign or do you like it??

**********************************************************************************
** disclaimer … if you happen to be a CAPRICORN please forgive my (admittedly) biased opinion. I’m sure you possess many virtues that this blogger would be wise to adopt !

9 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Haha. Third post on this subject today from my little circle. It's gone viral I tell ya. It was even the subject in this morning's newspaper cartoon.

1:30 PM  
Blogger KGMom said...

I too am an Aquarian. Frankly, I don't pay much attention to zodiac signs--BUT if I were, it would seem to be utter nonsense that you are one thing one day, and another the next.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Well of coarse I'd be upset! I've been a stubborn Aries for 53 years!
But then again if it changes, I might change into a CALMER person, ya never know?! Love Di ♥

4:41 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

It does bother me. I am a Scorpio and I can't imagine being anything else.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Ginnie, as a fellow Aquariun like yourself, I don't give a darn what any society says...sticking with MY sign and no changing that...you too?

4:29 AM  
Anonymous Alan G said...

I'm a Scorpio and no offense to the Libras which I am now suppose to be but no way in hell I am changing teams at my age. I have been a stealthy, mysterious, hot-blooded Scorpio all my life and intend to remain so - what little of it is left!

They took away Santa Claus, then the Easter Bunny, and finally the tooth fairy! Well they ain't taking away my Scorpio!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

I have been a stogy Capricorn for as long as I've lived. But I feel more Sagittarian these days! I could get used to the feeling. Yes indeed.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Well I just looked it up. I am no longer a pisces. I am an aquarius.
I always thought I had most of the qualities of a pisces.

Will reality ever be the same?

12:35 PM  
Blogger ellen said...

This is too funny! I think I've always waffled between being a Capricorn and and Aquarian..it depended on who I read. (whom?)
I've not really paid too much attention to it all, but having one foot in one sign and the other in a different one, probably explains a lot about me.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home