Friday, December 17, 2010

CAN YOU GUESS WHAT THIS IS ??


Brrrrrr…it looks so cold it’s enough to make you want to grab a sweater and a warm pair of gloves.

It must be a lovely winter scene somewhere ... bare branches with drifts of snow on a frozen pond, or could it be a child’s school project ... you know, the kind where they use a mirror and cotton puffs to simulate a setting for “Swan Lake” ?

No, it’s none of these. This is another example of the amazing pictures that my search engine Bing brings to me daily.

These are salt formations in the Dead Sea in Israel and, despite the cold feel of the photo, there’s nothing chilly there. The surface temperatures can reach over 90 degrees F. Another interesting fact is that the water at the bottom of the sea is called fossilized water because it is so heavy and hasn’t moved for thousands of years.

Thanks, Bing, you never fail to fascinate me with your choice of pictures !

6 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

That is an amazing sight Ginnie. I have watched a program about the Dead Sea, it was very interesting!
Love Di ♥

2:58 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Looks ARE deceiving!!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

With twigs. Go figure.

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Alan G said...

Morning Ginnie....

It's your "blogging angel"! Remember me?

I posted today about one of our old blogging buddies from long, long ago - Susan from SazSecrets. Made reference to your blog and just had to come over and say "Howdy".

And that photo is really cool!

Happy Holidays old friend!!

3:54 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

Interesting. I would not have guessed that.

7:29 AM  
Blogger possum said...

The world is full of fascinating places, isn't it?
I seldom use BING... just so used to google, I guess. Gotta remember to go visit over there one day when I have some time.
Part of it is this slow dial-up... takes forever!

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home