Tuesday, August 03, 2010

BING …O !!

Although I love my computer and am able to post blogs and do other things with it I am still a novice at mastering this new hi-tech language. So when I tell you that I have a new “search engine“, and that I am completely enamored with it, I hope I’m saying the right words.

I have no idea how I got to this but one day when I clicked on Windows Internet explorer (that little blue E with the orange circle around it !) up popped a thing called “Bing“. At first I was annoyed. This wasn’t what I was used to.

Now I can’t wait to see what they have in store for me every day. Here’s are three examples of what it looks like:







Evidently Bing is Microsoft’s version of Google but I much prefer it. You still get easy access into the news that you seek but the format is user friendly and very appealing.

Every day they post a breath-taking picture such as the one’s I’ve shown. It’s fun and informative and if you scroll your cursor arrow over the picture it brings up 4 hidden boxes. Just click on these and it gives you a complete explanation of the image; what the picture is of, where it was taken and anything else of interest pertaining to it. Definitely a fun way to learn new things about this amazing world that we live in.

I highly recommend it and would be really interested to know if
others of you in the blogosphere have discovered “Bing” and do you like it as much as I do?

14 Comments:

Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

You have me hooked on Bing now! The images are breathtaking to say the very least :)

8:31 AM  
Blogger possum said...

OK, I will have to try it. I have used BING a few times, but never noticed the pictures. Guess I was just too busy looking for info.
will check it out!
I am used to my google page. For one thing, it gives me the weather report for my place in the Poconos. OK, I am not therem but I like to see how cool it is. Also, it gives me a place for translating. Since I am teaching some young men English, I have a Turkish/English box right there on screen as soon as google comes up. Guess I like the convenience. Lazy, I am!

8:38 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Hmmm, just tried it. I get a blank grey page. No picture. Go figure? Lucky you for your fun pages!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

I haven't used it. I use Firefox on my Mac. But I think that it sounds cool. I just get less problems with Firefox.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I know that Bing exists, but I haven't used it.

2:47 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

I LOVE Bing!! Their photos are incredibly good.

To answer your question, all that stuff comes to me in email from friends - I sure don't search for it! LOL

4:44 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Now you have me curious as well, Ginnie, but not sure if I will change over. But I will give it a try - eventually. Google isn't the best and new experiences are always good things. Thanks for the info.

4:32 AM  
Blogger Caddie said...

:>) Did you get paid to advertise :>) Anyway, you succeeded; I'm going to check this out. I've heard other praises for Bing before now.

I'm no novice with computering but am starting to lose my abilities I had awhile back.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I like the clean look of Google. I would find all the lovely picture a distractions.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

I haven't tried Bing as yet. I am attached to my Firefox, but you never know. Maybe someday I will switch! Love Di ♥

6:46 AM  
Blogger Caddie said...

Apparently people assume you can have only one search engine. I have Firefox and IE, which my server suggested and now have signed up for Bing. I still have no idea where you found pictures there. Then again, I'm not studied it enough...maybe I'll learn in time. There is also Google Chrome, which was highly recommended by my server also.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Caddie said...

I wish Cazzie would give this dummy a clue how to. Your comment w/breathtaking' has whetted my appetite for MORE.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Chancy said...

I have discovered Bing too but not to the extent you have, Ginnie. I have gotten disenchanted with Google as a search engine so I have been going to Bing sometimes.

3:22 PM  
Blogger possum said...

OK, guess it was the slow dial-up... but I waited a while like you said, and, sure 'nuf, up came the pyramids of Egypt... and then I understood Philip's comment and got distracted down memory lane and looking at all kinds of stuff. LOL! But if I ever need a distraction, I will use BING!

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home