Saturday, February 20, 2010

A TYPICAL NORTH CAROLINA SCENE


This is not a painting but a country scene near where I live. I drove by it the other day and then circled back and took this picture because the lighting was so unusual. The lavender in the sky would seem fake if it had been put there with oil paints.

We have many of these small barns and out-buildings dotting our landscape. This was big tobacco country at one time and every small farm seemed to contribute it’s share of leaves to the industry. Now most of these small fields are planted with soybeans, corn or just plain hay.

Now that I am retired I can spend as much time as I want touring the back roads and it never fails to fill me with awe when I see scenery such as this. It’s a wonderful respite from the rush and stress that seems to be a part of life nowadays.

9 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

There's something great about pictures of old farm buildings.

3:58 AM  
Blogger KGMom said...

A lovely scene--worthy to be painted.
Do artists ever set up their canvases and work on painting? How about you?

5:01 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Very nice Ginnie! I enjoy taking rides in the country myself, especially when my husband drives and I can just look! It's more fun that way. The colors in the sky were very pretty. Love Di

9:20 AM  
Blogger Chancy said...

Ginnie
This photo and scene is awesome. You should get it enlarged and frame it simply as a reminder of North Carolina days gone by.

what a perfect water color this rould make also.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

I really love those old barns. They are wonderful to photograph. Even the wood shot close up is interesting.

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with you Ginnie, I too never cease to be in awe of the fine offerings of Mother nature... that lilac, as you say, just looks as if it were painted in! Splendid :)

Cazzie!!!

8:24 AM  
Blogger RoyalTLady said...

Ginnie,

Great gift for our eyes.... unusual color indeed and thanks for sharing.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I find old farm buildings, abandoned and unused
a little sad. They are witnesses to lives of hard work lived in productive labour which will soon be gone from view and human memory.

7:38 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Ooh, I missed this one, but it was worth coming back for.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home