Saturday, February 28, 2009

IT’S A JUNGLE OUT THERE !!



My little house sits quite close to the road and the very small front yard that I have is fairly easy to keep looking presentable. My neighbors can rest peacefully in the knowledge that I will keep the grass trimmed and the front porch swept and clean.

The back yard however, is an entirely different matter. Yes, it IS a jungle. I’ve tried over the years to tame it but it’s a thankless task. I guess if I had a man handy they could use a brush-hog and get it under control ... but that’s an expensive project and it would need to be done on a regular basis.

We very seldom get snow in my area so I couldn’t resist taking the two pictures that you see here. My “jungle” looked pretty good under a soft coating of snow but it was a brief respite.

Today it’s raining and, once again, my back yard is wild and untamed. However, Spring is on the way ... the trees are starting to leaf out and the birds are having a hey-day with it all. I can’t ask for much more than that. As the old tune says ... ”the best things in life are free.”

11 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

May the bird of paradise fly ... haha

Seriously ... enjoy the birdies in your jungle paradise.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Scott W said...

That jungle looks lovely in those pictures!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

It's not a "jungle" it is a wildlife natural garden.

11:16 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

Pebbles is right - or so I choose to see it...LOL

My whole yard looks like that all the time. I should be ashamed. Yours is very presentable!

1:24 PM  
Blogger KGMom said...

Maybe a goat or two would tame it also.
But, I am not sure the neighbors would appreciate that.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

I like the jungle. There's a well known house here in which the couple purposely left the site around the house natural for the birds. So you are right on with your jungle yard.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Chancy said...

We had snow here in Atlanta on Saturday. The grandchilden loved it. Hubby and I stayed in and watched the flakes fall.

Your photos are lovely.

8:54 PM  
Blogger RoyalTLady said...

I lived next to a small "urban jungle" myself...

but my yard is kept trimmed once a month by a grass cutter.

no matter what, how it looks like the monkeys are sure to drop by and have fun here...

your writes amazed me.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Absolutely gorgeous Ginnie, smiles are free and I have one on my face now :)

2:04 AM  
Blogger Hughes ap Williams said...

Keep your yard un-manicured!

Our neighbors consider us eccentric as we actually have trees and those trees drop leaves, and *gasp* we don't rake them up - well, except for a few we need for mulch.

4:50 AM  
Blogger Red Nebbish said...

I prefer a jungle to manicured lawns. It greatens the odds that you'll get many curious birds and rabbits roaming through.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home