Tuesday, January 20, 2009

PHOTO out of focus…but get-together spot on !



Even though the photo is blurry you can still see what a fun time is had when blogger friends get together in person. That’s Judy of “Imagine…” and Bud of “Paradise is Pinehurst…”, and me, of course.

Bud lives in the same county as I do and has been a good friend for quite a few years. Judy, on the other hand, is a brand new blogger friend and lives barely an hour away, north of Raleigh. It just seemed to make sense for us all to meet and share lunch and a lively conversation.

Judy brought her husband, Jim, with her so that evened things out a bit … although knowing Bud as I do I know he would have been up to the task of two women at his table!

Bud chose the place for us to meet and he chose “The Holly”, an
1895 Victorian inn in Pinehurst. It is a registered historic building and a few years back it was faithfully restored to it’s original grandeur. “The Holly” is a delight and the food’s not bad, either !


We barely had our toes through the door to the restaurant when we felt like we’d known each other for years. That’s one of those things that I’ve found about blogging. We put our thoughts and remembrances into our blogs and the readers who relate become instant friends. It’s kind of like “small talk” without all the stress of the first few meetings.

Although our get-together ended too soon we agreed that it was lots of fun to meet in person and we hope to do it again soon.

9 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I'm not surprised that you had a spot-on time.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

Sounds like a great time. It is nice to meet those that you read about.

3:08 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

I'm sorry that mr. kenju blurred the photo, Ginnie. He's bad about that.

We did have a lovely time and we hope that you and Bud will consent to come to our neck of the woods before too long.

4:09 PM  
Blogger KGMom said...

I agree that it would be quite natural to make friends with fellow bloggers.
The lunch place looks wonderful.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Bud said...

We did have a great time Ginny, and you and Judy have inspired me to get back to blogging. stay tuned. Bud

2:24 AM  
Blogger dmmgmfm said...

Sounds like fun! I've only met a couple of bloggers in person, but I'd like to meet more. :-)

2:14 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

That is so wonderful, I'd love to meet more bloggers. I have done so before and we all got along like a house on fire :) Great memories.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

Ginnie, I left some lemonade for you over on my blog.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Chancy said...

Ginnie
Now that's what I call FUN. You and Judy are two of my favorite blogger reads . I can see you really enjoyed the get together.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home