Thursday, January 15, 2009

Things I love … starting with the letter:


My blogger friend Judy at “Imagine…” introduced me to this challenge and assigned the letter “F” to me. Here’s what I came up with…

FAMILY…has to top the list…especially now that I am the oldest one in my immediate family. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would become the MATRIARCH !

FLORENCE, Italy … the jewel of all cities in my estimation.

FOLK ART …most especially that of the 18th & 19th Centuries.

FLEA MARKET finds … I love to get a bargain and turn it into a “jewel”.

FICTION …I am an avid reader and my favorite books are those based on history.

FRIENDS … old, treasured ones as well as the new ones that I meet daily.

FILMS …now that I have Netflix I can get back in touch with the films of my youth. I enjoy those old films, as well as a lot of the documentaries.

FUN … I try to keep it light…you know the old saying “Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry alone!”

FORTUNE COOKIES …. My favorite told me that I would gain wealth in my “golden years.” I’m still waiting! But, on second thought, maybe it didn’t mean money. Maybe it meant a wealth of new ideas and new friends … and I’ve certainly found that with all of you in the “Blogging World.”

5 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

Excellent, Ginnie, especially the last one - fortune cookies. That sounds like a perfect fortune to me, and I find that daily as well. Thanks for being a good sport.

5:09 PM  
Blogger KGMom said...

Oh, yes--you do have wealth. You have family, friends, and Florence! Hmmm--I think I am repeating your F post.
Seriously, the wealth that money brings doesn't satisfy the way children, grandchildren and friends do.
By the way, I like the sound of matriarch!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Fabulous!!

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuzzy pipecleaners!

I love fortune cookies. I've gone to China Garden here in Missoula, and bought hole bags of them...just to eat. I guess the fortunes don't count when you've read a dozen of 'em.

Tom and I won 500 dollars from a scratch ticket back in 93. We bought it because after our lunch at China Garden, we'd both gotten the exact same fortune in our cookies: You will come into a great fortune.

6:09 PM  
Blogger RoyalTLady said...

Ginnie,

Please check it out...you have been tagged. A World In A Pan started it this time...

Fortune Telling is another F...

Wealth? Could abundantly be found in this blog sphere... smiles, pictures, sunshine, posts, scribe, stories, musings... how about Health?

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home