Friday, September 03, 2021

ASTRONOMY PICTURES from NASA

 I have found an amazing place on the Internet that I now visit every morning. You may enjoy doing that too. It is …

Astronomy Picture of the Day Archive 2015

This is from NASA and it takes you all the way back to 2015. (actually you can go back even further to their first entry on June 1995 if you choose to.) Their introductory explanation states ...“Discover the cosmos! Each day a different image or photograph of our fascinating universe is featured, along with a brief explanation written by a professional astronomer.”

For instance their entry for 2021 August 26 is titled, A Blue Hour Full Moon with the Image Credit & Copyright credited to Giorgia Hofer. It then shows her amazing photo and tells where and when she took the picture and her written explanation of what you are seeing.

Now, to whet your appetite here is her photo: “A Blue Hour Full Moon”


I think it's OK that I posted this photo because I write that Giorgia Hofer has the credit & copyright. Her complete explanatory write-up and the picture are featured on August 26 of the archive.  I have to admit that I don't always understand the technical stuff but I love being introduced to outer space. 




4 Comments:

Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

That is just beautiful. I read a little about the discoveries but find some of them disturbing. Sometimes it seems the universe is eating itself.

4:44 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

When I look for a full moon photo, I do NOT find an outlook like that. 😀

10:21 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

Thanks for the tip!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Joared said...

Fascinating photo and interesting site.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home