Wednesday, August 04, 2021

October, 2020, He rips off mask ...

It occurred to me recently that, given the opportunity to be of service to their country, most US presidents are or were happy to help, but that certainly cannot be said for our ex-President Trump. He never does ANYTHING without asking himself first “what's in it for me?”

I guess if you are one of the majority of Republican Senators in office now you might shake your head and say, “that's just Trump being Trump”, but for those of us that really care about our country it is a clarion call to wake up. Trump's EGO will be the death of democracy (small “d”) if we allow it to go unchecked.

A perfect example of this was his reaction to his own bout with the corona virus in October, 2020. After a 3 day stint in Walter Reed hospital (where they used everything possible to get him well) it was hoped he would take the virus seriously and encourage Americans to heed social distancing & mask mandates.

This was his chance to show the country that he could put them before his EGO. Instead, he emerged triumphant and ever more defiant, disregarding the fact that he'd had access to health care and treatments unavailable to others. As he tore off his mask he urged people not to be afraid of the virus or let it dominate their lives.

It is now 10 months since that happened and nothing can bring back the lives that have been lost because of his careless words. However, we can certainly learn from it … there is no place in a peaceful and law abiding society for Trump, his cult or his ever present EGO.





 

6 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

Bravo! As an outside observer, I cannot understand the lies people believe this day and age. They play into his ego and he loves it. Poor people!

4:55 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

And yet . . . and yet . . . he got vaxxed -- something that his sycophant's like to overlook.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

If Covid was such a piece of cake, why did he get the vaccine? What a piece of work the man is.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

From my friend Jan ...

"Truth is... everything I feel like saying makes me a very bad Buddhist... shame on me.
Grandma said if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
As my neighbor says, If you can't say anything nice, you must be talking about Trump.
What can I say??????"

12:34 PM  
Blogger Joared said...

I find it alarming the number of people selling out our democratic republic with that person. All the monied people in the shadows supporting such need to be publicly exposed.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Linda P. said...

As I have many cousins and former classmates buying into the whole "Biden is dead and a shadow government is ruling while in a basement under the White House, celebrities and Democratic officials enslave children" cult beliefs, I'm regularly confronted with the reality that these people never hear or see the truth. Rising Covid numbers? Well, no. These are really pneumonia deaths, and nobody tells the real story . . . this from the medical tech taking my blood at my rheumatologist's office, fortunately masked because she also revealed she's against vaccinations. Surprise! She's had Covid. Since she was engaged in sticking me at the moment, I didn't call hooey on her beliefs.

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home