Monday, August 09, 2021

Better late than never


Just this week a dear friend introduced me to Sir Ken Robinson. She sent me the link to his 2006 TED talk and I was enthralled. No wonder it is one of the most ever watched talks for the TED community and I can't believe I had never heard of him.

Sadly Ken passed away just a year ago but I doubt if his legacy will ever fade. HE was a lecturer, a teacher and the author of best selling books about education and his goal was to entice a new generation of educators to follow his lead. He was an advocate for moving schools away from rigid test-prep factories and toward something more artistic and liberating.

He peppered his talks and writings with inspiring anecdotes of children who were taught to realize their potential and of the educators who helped get them there. My favorite Ken quote is this …

EVERY DAY OUR CHILDREN SPREAD THEIR DREAMS BENEATH OUR FEET ...

WE SHOULD TREAD SOFTLY.

Ken Robinson was a source of insight, inspiration and joy for millions. If his name is unfamiliar to you, like it was for me, please check out his first TED talk in 2006. (and I'd love to get your reaction !)





5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo!! His message will change (save) the world. Thank you for sharing this, Ginnie :D

9:30 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

He and TED are new to me. Will check it out.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Just finished his talk. Was so glad it was sub titled as I do have a problem with accents, even the English one. I loved his sense of humor and his approach to education. We surely need change there. Interesting thought that if man disappeared from the earth, the earth would flourish. A sad truth.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

Great tip! Thanks.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Joared said...

I am familiar with TED but not Ken Robinson. Will have to check him out

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home