Monday, March 01, 2021

Which road would you take?


 Two roads diverged in a wood, and I … I took the one less traveled by,  and that has         made all the difference”.

                                                         Robert Frost, 1874 - 1963






  I don’t think these were the roads that  Robert Frost  had in mind when he wrote those     words but it got me to thinking. Why have I chosen certain roads and left others behind and where would I be if I'd taken a different path? 

  It boggles my mind.


















6 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

I have wondered the same recently. Curious without regret!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Bonnie Jacobs said...

I would take that curvy road among the trees and mountains.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

WRT the pictures, I can say that the first road is less appealing. I know your post is not about real roads though. When I think of alternative roads, I realize that no other road would have brought me exactly to where I am now. But of course, I wouldn't know the difference.

2:46 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

I do sometimes wonder who I would be if I had taken a different path when offered.

5:26 AM  
Blogger Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

From my teacher friend Jan ...

Yes, I often think about that - both for myself and I wonder about so many of my kids and the choices they make - and I have lived long enough to see how so many of them turned out - and I wonder...
One of my teachers in Turkey, it seems centuries ago now, told me once, "The future is always fan shaped." I was a teenager, about to come back to the states to go to college - and I found what he said so profound... and indeed, it was. None of my 17-year-old plans ever materialized. I had the world at my feet - and then my feet got stuck in the sands of the Eastern Shore! Who would have believed it? But, one follows one's heart.
And I never would have found my dear friend Ginnie otherwise, right?????

6:39 AM  
Blogger Linda P. said...

I would say almost the same as Marie, except I would say, "Curious with a tinge of regret."

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home