Monday, September 09, 2019

At the Romanian/Bulgarian border

Wendy returns to Bulgaria … this time to the ancient town of Nessebar on a Black Sea peninsula on the east coast of Bulgaria).

                    
                                      At the Romanian/Bulgarian border at 6:00am


                            View of the Black Sea from her guest house balcony 


                                    Nessebar beach (town is a UNESCO site)


                                         One of many Byzantine churches.


Wendy's next stop will be the historic town of Cesky Krumlov in Prague where she will settle down for a bit and do some writing.

                                            To be continued ...
******************************************************************************************************
                                        Special add-on:   Just got this from Wendy (9/12/10)
Hi Ginnie,
Our tour guide just sent me this picture he took of me as I was watching the sweet children folk dancing in Romania. This was the porch of the house I stayed in. The colorful “tree” of pots were a tradition there. They hung pots like this near the front of the house when a young girl in the house was eligible for marriage. If I remember correctly, the pots signified her skills as a potential homemaker.
Hugs,  Wendy                             






6 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

She is living the dream!

5:50 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Who is Wendy?

7:45 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

It is so cool she is making this trip but also cool she is taking you along--and us via you.

6:42 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

Thanks, Ginnie. Wendy is having a great trip, I see.

Jim is in rehab now and working hard to get better. I'll tell him what you said.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

How wonderful for her.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

From my friend Jan …

"What fun pictures. Good for her!
We drove thru Bulgaria when I was a kid, but I barely remember it. These pictures show me what I missed!"

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home