Friday, May 26, 2017

Another email to the NC Senators …


Freedom of speech is not allowed in many parts of the world and I can't imagine living under those constraints. I am so thankful that this does not apply to our country. 

When I sent my first emails to Senators Burr and Tillis I received no answers. I felt like they were lost somewhere in the Washington, DC void and I almost gave up. Then I realized that just writing and sending them was cathartic and I kept it up. All of a sudden I started getting answers from them both. I'm sure they were stock remarks but at least it shows that someone in their office is aware that I exist. If any of you have concerns, like I do, just put them down and send them off. There's power in numbers and they know, just as we do, that 2018 is not too far away.

Here's my latest … #14:

Dear Senators: I am praying that the horrendous budget proposal that Trump has sent to Congress will not pass. I work at our Counties Free Care Clinic and we care for those who have no insurance. If Medicaid is cut back in our State it means that we will see an even greater increase of applicants to our Clinic. Our patient base is enormous and we can barely keep our doors open now so it is unlikely that we will be able to help them. The inevitable outcome would be to put us back where we were before the ACA ... our ERs deluged with patients who have absolutely no way to pay for their services. We all know what a disaster that was and that we, the tax payers, were the ones burdened with the cost.

I can't believe how incredibly insensitive Trump is to the needs of these down trodden people that he swore to represent and hope that you, as a Republican Senator, will not follow his lead. You have a responsibility to these constituents and I pray that you will have the courage to do what's right for them. After all, they may be poor but they still get out to vote.



6 Comments:

Blogger Ginnie said...

By mistake I deleted the comment from Marie. She wrote:

Yay for free speech. Well done you!

11:43 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Carry on, Ginnie.

3:35 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

So glad your thoughts are being heard. You state your case very well and hope they pay attention. You are right, we just need to keep the missives coming. The squeaky wheel does get heard. Keep up the good work. I haven't heard back here but I don't let that stop me.

8:18 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Keep it up, girl!
I am lucky, I always hear from my people - but then, they are Democrats.
Need I say more?

12:54 PM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

Well said, Ginnie. Also I continue to be appalled at reports of some of the activities of your State legislature...:(

4:47 PM  
Blogger joared said...

Sounds like you're making your voice heard which we all need to keep doing.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home