Wednesday, December 02, 2015

FACT CHECK ...


This is a picture of Serge Kovaleski, a man who lives with a neuro-musculo-skeletal disorder that affects his joints. It has not affected his brain, however, and he has become a Pulitzer prize winning investigative reporter, now working for the NY Times. It was he who co-authored the Washington Post article after the 9/11 attacks that Donald Trump refers to when trying to legitimize his ridiculous claim that “thousands in Jersey City cheered on 9/11”. Mr. Kovaleski has denied this. He states that he remembers nothing like this and the only reference in his article is to this paragraph:

"In Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners' plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river.”

This is a picture of Donald Trump at a rally in South Carolina recently. He was fighting back from a statement by Mr. Kovaleski that he recalled nothing about “thousands cheering” in New Jersey. Trump then went on to mock the man ...jerking his arms in front of his body while giving his imitation of how he would sound, “Now, the poor guy — you’ve got to see this guy, ‘Ah, I don’t know what I said! I don’t remember!’”

Donald Trump also denies knowing Serge Kovaleski, despite documented proof that he has been interviewed by him many times.  Isn't it strange then that he could so accurately imitate the man and his disability?



9 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

I don't know what to think of Trump. He won't become president surely. The world is in turmoil enough. It is a scary prospect.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I shake my head, Ginnie. You know this guy wouldn't be tolerated in most civilized nations?

5:58 PM  
Blogger joared said...

So much of what Trump does is pathetic, insulting and disgusting, but he wants attention and doesn't seem to care how he gets it. What is really frightening to me are all the people the polls suggest can continue to support such a person -- and as a leader of our nation.

1:46 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Well, he brings out the worst in so many people... sadly they identify with what he says and does and wish secretly, in most cases, that they had the nerve to openly say these things.
Decent folks, however, wonder why he is tolerated. There doesn't seem to be much of a code of decency anymore.

But, I believe in Karma. That is the best I can do. It will get him in the end.

6:21 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

He is a pompous ass and I hope karma bites him in the butt very soon!

11:57 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

It amazes me that he has said and done so many things that would have signaled a downfall for any other candidate. He can lie with impunity, denying he said something even when there is video evidence to prove that he is lying. Again. I fear when he says we need to forget about political correctness, he is trying to say it's all right to be prejudiced against a group of people. What a bully.

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donald Trump was a Democrat before he decided to run for the Republican nomination. Obviously he is a jerk. I don't listen to him and I won't vote for him. I told my granddaughters I'm thinkning of writing in Ralph Nader on my voting slip!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Joseph Pulikotil said...

Donald Trump is an unpatriotic man. He should be put behind bars.

I admire Serge Kovaleski. With such a great disability he could win the Pulitzer Prize. He is surely an inspiration and role model.

Best wishes

4:05 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The less said about Mr. rump the better in my opinion. Now, if only the media would stop reporting every thing he says, the world might be better off, but no such luck there.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home