Sunday, June 17, 2012

Off my duff … and remembering Richard



I’m really trying hard to keep moving. I know it’s the only way to fight growing old but it’s so much easier to cuddle up with a good book than it is to exercise ! Soooooo … with this in mind I’ve been forcing myself to WALK to my post office instead of drive there everyday.

It’s about a mile and a half round trip so that certainly won’t kill me and it also goes right by the Vass Memorial Garden. That place has a special meaning for me because it’s where this brick lies, in memory of my husband Richard.





There’s nothing fancy about this small memorial garden but it’s a sweet place to pause and to remember Dick who passed away in 1990.

It also reminds me that he’d be the first one to tell me to get off my duff and “keep moving” !

8 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

I agree Ginnie. I also find that the more I sit, the harder it is for me to move!
It was the perfect opportunity to visit Richards memorial. I'm sure you must miss him a lot.
Love Di ♥

6:11 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You are doing a very good thing and reliving nice memories while you're at it.

6:54 AM  
Anonymous schmidleysscribblins,wordpress.com said...

I love that memorial to your husband. Too right that it is hard to get off our duff and just move. We have been attempting to do just that and I am off right now. Thanks, Dianne

8:48 AM  
Blogger ellen said...

Good for you, Ginnie. I need to move around more too. I do have lots of space here at home to walk. The two lane highway is not a good place to walk. I need to take more advantage of the pastures and woods at home.
I am glad that you can walk by Richard's memorial each day. I would guess it still feels like there is a hole in your life without him.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Kust keep walking. (Do as I say not as I do!) It is is nice that you have a special spot along the way to stop and think of your beloved husband.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Ginnie, good reason to get out for a walk and hope all your memories are pleasant as well.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Chancy said...

What a sweet and lovely "resting place" for your beloved

11:19 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

It's hard in this heat to get out there and move. I know how hot your area can get!
That is a nice memorial garden.

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home