MY UNSPECTACULAR QUIRKS REVEALED
My Canadian friend AC, on his blog “Spring Raindrops”, threw out a challenge recently on his May 3rd entry. He listed “six unspectacular quirks” that he has and challenged his readers to do the same.
That darn challenge ate away at me and I found, much to my surprise, that this was a difficult thing for me to do. “My lord,” I thought, “my life must be either fraught with deep meaning or it’s all so unspectacular that I can’t separate a habit from a quirk”.
All that being said…here is the best I could do.
1. I only put $25 worth of gas in my tank at a time. It means going to the station more often but it fools me into feeling the pinch less.
2. When I can’t sleep I pick a letter of the alphabet and try to list as many names of people as I can think of starting with that letter...literally boring myself to sleep.
3. I guess I hum when I’m nervous. I don’t think so but my friends and family say I do !!
4. If I wake in the night and see that the time on the clock reads a combination of the same numbers (such as 11:11, or 4:44, etc.) I take that as a sign that I will get a happy surprise in the upcoming day.
5. I have often made an impulse buy (say, of $30) and decided on the way home to take it back. Then, after I’d received my $30 back I would praise myself for being frugal and saving that amount. (This used to baffle my late husband who could never seem to make me see that I was actually only back to where I’d been before I spent the $30 !)
6. Lastly, I’m addicted to that silly “Spider” card game on the computer. I would be ashamed to admit the amount of aimless hours wasted on that game.