Saturday, January 08, 2022

Back to my usual ...

Hi everyone: I am trying to ease back into “normal” after a very emotional few days in remembrance of 1/6/2021., so here goes ...

There are many reasons why I love doing crossword puzzles, but mainly it is 

because I never fail to learn something new.  For instance, do any of you know who 

this man, Evan Esar, was ?


He was a famous author and humorist who passed away in 1996, but still today his

famous quips are often the main theme of crossword puzzles. These are just a few

that I thought you might enjoy:


..... A husband is like a fire, he goes out when unattended.

......Nothing ages your car as much as the sight of your neighbor's new one.

......All things come to him who waits, but they are mostly leftovers from 

those who didn't wait.”

......Admiration -- Our feeling of delight that another person resembles us.

......The girl with a future avoids a man with a past.



4 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

Welcome back Ginnie. Hope you are doing better now after some reflection.

Mr Esar had some great quotes.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

I am a new fan of his. Love his quotes, true and funny. Thanks.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I started to do an online crossword yesterday because it popped on on fb. I had to abandon it for another cause, but I did learn once again that I do not that have that kinds of brain. Sudoku it is.

6:51 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

I have never heard of him before, but I am pleased to make his acquaintance. Good sayings!!
.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home