Monday, May 04, 2020

Big brother is watching … and I love it.


Here is a picture of my deck. It takes me directly into the kitchen. During this pandemic it is the area where I tell my delivery people to leave things on the table and it's also where a few friends come to visit. We always meet on the deck and do the prescribed protocol...face masks and at lease 6 feet distance between us.

3 days ago my friend Amy stopped by and we did just as I described. She'd brought me an adorable cup with a friendly little bear painted on it and inscribed with the words “love you beary much”. It's my go-to coffee cup now and I think of her every time I use it.

So, back to her visit. Luckily we were adhering to all the rules when I spied a car that had stopped across the street and I realized it was one of the town policemen observing us. We realized he wasn't going anywhere so Amy decided to leave. As soon as she left the driveway the policeman drove off too … but not until he'd given me a friendly nod and I'd waved to him.

To show you how small my town is … I am just one of 783 people living here according to our last census. Living in a small town has advantages and not the least of them is knowing that the 4 policemen on the force are keeping an eye on their citizens.

5 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

It is good the town police are watching out for you. I imagine there are some who wouldn’t like it though.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I wonder if he thought that you were about to close to 5’ or something and what he would have done then.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

I find that comforting. I have no problem obeying rules that protect others. Wish they paid attention here.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

While we also lived in a small town on the VA eastern shore, less population than your own, I wonder if the local police would stop and watch when friends were getting together. You explained in your post about hoe you and Amy were social distancing and also masked, so I don't see any cause for being watched. I do hope the need to mask up even when outdoors and many feet apart will end sometime in the future.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Joared said...

Glad there wasn’t need for the officer to be doing anything more important than monitoring residents activities during this pandemic.

3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home