Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Week # 7 … my pandemic journey


As I write this I am half way into my seventh week of self induced quarantine. At my age (87) I don't dare take chances and actually it's not so bad and there have even been unexpected benefits. First and foremost is the fact that my little house has never been as clean and organized as it is now!

On day #1 of my stay-home venture I realized that I would now be able to tackle those projects that I never seemed to have time for in the past. I did a thorough walk through and documented everything that needed my attention. It was a long and daunting list but I realized I had plenty of time to accomplish it and I work on it at a slow pace every day.

I'm almost finished with the inside but I still have plenty to do outside and especially on the concrete floor of my front entry that I decorated and painted years ago. It's held up well over that time, but when the pollen takes over its a mess and I have to wait until it's gone before I clean it up.

Now the pollen is gone and I've just started to scrub it clean. I don't want to give you a picture of that but this is what it will look like when I've finished.


So, there you have it. This pandemic has changed the world and I feel so helpless but the one thing I can do is stick to the guidelines … I wish everyone would do the same.

9 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You are accomplishing much. I am accomplishing next to nothing. But the cat has vacated my cahir after being there for about 6 hours, so I think I will try to have my afternoon nap.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Bonnie Jacobs said...

I like your unique entry. Very artistic. Hang in there, friend. This pandemic with its lockdowns can't last forever.

12:59 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Ginnie, I am glad to know you are doing well and staying home. Your porch is wonderful!! How long did it take you to paint that?

I wish I had enough energy to organize my cabinets and clean them. It's all I can do to take care of food and clean up and laundry. I have a lot to do for Jim. and that takes a lot of my time.

I hope we won't have to stay home much longer.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

You’ve made the most of the isolation! Well done!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

You have really taken advantage of a tough situation. Kudos for tackling the "need to does." Mine still need doing. Love your entry way.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG Ginnie!!! your house is so dang cute and the entry way is absolutely stunning!! It also appears that you have a green thumb!

4:56 AM  
Blogger Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

My friend Jan writes:
Oh, Ginnie! You are so much better organized than I am!
I adore your entry way! That is soooo beautiful! Good for you! So much talent!
Your place looks so Mediterranean to me!

5:40 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You are so right about being safe, Ginnie, and I don't disagree with your precautions in the least. As you noted you are getting things done, which is more than many people seem to say. Your painted porch is lovely and hopefully you will be able to be outside sitting there.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Joared said...

Intriguing front walkway. Congrats on your productivity during this time. Stay safe!

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home