Wednesday, March 18, 2020

KEEPING CONNECTED ...

I can barely take in all that is happening to the world right now. It seems like a horrific dream except that I keep waking up. This George Washington quote is the closest I could find to express what I am feeling.
             

               
I and my children are in self-imposed quarantine and, although it seems like we are hiding, it is following the CDC requirements and is crucial to our very existence. The deadly corona virus is, indeed, bad company and I agree with the quote … it is better to be alone than in it's company.

I intend to keep on blogging and hope you will too. We may be on lock-down but we are not alone. Sharing how we handle our daily challenges may be just what our readers need.






8 Comments:

Blogger sherri said...

Well said! This pandemic is an indication of how conditioned people are to their "illusion" of free will. We are guests in a vastly connected universe of which we do not understand.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We are never truly along when we can reach out as you did, Ginnie. we too are staying in doors, but have also managed to get out daily for a walk outside. Self-isolation doesn't necessarily mean hibernation.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

I do think blogging and phones will be our sanity preservers. While we are mostly isolated, we only have to strike a few keys on the computer or punch a familiar name on our phones to connect. I am ever so grateful for these tools.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Keep on posting. I am surprised more people aren’t posting more often.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

So true, Ginny. A familiar word will be welcome in the days ahead.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Bonnie Jacobs said...

More connected than we realize, Sherri. Ginnie, I wrote a blog post earlier with five "Quarantine Questions" I had found. Later, I'll answer those questions on my blog myself, but it does seem like one way to keep myself occupied and think about positive things. Here's the link, and there are also links within my post that will take you to what I posted last night about "the reality around here" at the retirement center where I live.

https://bonniesbooks.blogspot.com/2020/03/quarantine-questions.html

If you answer any of the "Quarantine Questions" (you, too, Sherri), I hope you'll share in my comments for others to be inspired, too.

3:39 PM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

We shall persevere

12:09 PM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

We shall be strong and help each other

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home