Tuesday, February 11, 2020

O.M.G.

This is a photo of the Presidential Medal of Freedom. It is awarded by the president of the United States "for especially meritorious contribution to (1) the security or national interests of the United States, or (2) world peace, or (3) cultural or other significant public or private endeavors".

I've seen it awarded to hundreds of people over the years and, although I did not always agree with the President's choice I was always able to see that the recipient met the requirement of one of those three choices.

Recently President Trump made a mockery of that award. As part of his State of the Union address he bestowed the Medal of Freedom on his friend and radio host, Rush Limbaugh.


I ask you ...where do we see that he belongs in ANY of these choices? (1) the security or national interests of the United States, or (2) world peace, or (3) cultural or other significant public or private endeavors". 

My last three Blog entries had a serious tone and I was hoping to lighten it up here, but I couldn't leave this unsaid. I suppose in some minds there is a sort of sick comic feel to this … but in my mind it is an incredibly sad reminder of how compromised our country has become.  

How much lower will we sink before we rise up in protest?  Our country's founders must be reeling in their graves !






7 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

I have read and heard some of that man’s comments. He is not someone I would want to know.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

I know, that totally shocked me too. Now we know how low that man can go.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I am worried that when people are ready to rise up in protest it will be too late.

4:52 PM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

I do not think there is a bottom for Trump's actions. The Senate gave him a stamp of approval to do whatever he wants, legal or not. With the Justice Department in his pocket and trying to control the military, he reminds one of a dictator's rise. And it is scary.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Linda P. said...

And Limbaugh paid him back by attacking Pete Buttigieg. What horrifies me more is that some people do believe that Rush Limbaugh has made a significant cultural contribution. Just ask 90% of my relatives.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I have never listened to and never will listen to any programs by RL, enough said.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Joared said...

Really cheapened the award.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home