Saturday, January 11, 2020

Am I the only one …

that finds these messy haircuts ridiculous ??? 

All you have to do is watch any of the women newscasters to see what I'm talking about. They ALL seem to have the same (usually straight and long) stringy hair with the ends cut randomly … and purposefully cut that way !

I guess it's supposed to look sexy, as if the girl just got out of bed or something, but to me it is too contrived. I especially find the ones that are styled to have one side of the hair practically covering an eye to be a turnoff. When I converse with someone or watch them on TV I want to be able to see their expressions, not get distracted wondering why they have succumbed to this crazy fad.

OK. I admit that I may be old fashioned, (or just plain old) but to spend money on a haircut that looks like you cut it yourself after a few too many cocktails seems just plain ludicrous to me.

I can't believe I wrote a whole blog entry about messy hair ! I'll try to choose better in the future.


5 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Some guys follow the messy hair routine too, not that it obscures their faces, but it is made to deliberately stand up here and there, seemingly at random.

3:08 AM  
Blogger Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

My friend Jan wrote that she doesn't see much TV and hasn't really seen what I wrote about. However her last sentence is one that I think you will enjoy as much as I did. Ginnie

"I grew up with the PA Dutch term- stroobly. You did not want to be stroobly! And what you described was the definition of stroobly! (Such a fun word, dontcha think?) So, now I am going to have to surf the news a bit to find these stroobly women!"

4:44 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Think I know what you mean. Saw Magnum PI the other night and Higgins, the female lead was going to a fancy party and had her hair in what they call a messy bun. It annoyed and distracted me. It must have taken a while to look like that but it was really distracting. It looks to me like they just don't care.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

Lol. It’s good to express how you feel, even if it’s about the modern haircuts. Not my favourite either.

8:57 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

It's not the messy hair that bothers me so much. It's the too-short crazy-patterened dresses that bug me.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home