Saturday, February 29, 2020

The true heart of America


Isn't this about the sweetest picture you've ever seen? I can't believe it's been 2 years since I first posted it and I think it deserves a re-run.

The little boy on the left is Jax, son of Lydia Rosebush of Louisville, Kentucky. She took this picture after her son and his best buddy Reddy got identical hair cuts. “He wanted it buzzed down to his scalp so he would look like Reddy,” his mom explained.

It was all part of a plan the boys hatched to fool their pre-school teacher. They are such close friends that they figured she wouldn't be able to tell them apart if they only had the same hair cut !

***************************

President Trump  …  It takes a person with empathy and love to see what this photo conveys so I don't expect you to understand ... but this photo truly does describe the TRUE HEART OF AMERICA .


5 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

I saw this again recently too. Adorable.

5:55 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

I happily remember that story and picture. Then as now it made me smile and to have hope.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Good rerun, Ginnie, and I too remember that photo and story and wonder how the boys are doing today.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Ah yes. It does ring a bell . . . at least a faint tinkling. :)

3:42 AM  
Blogger Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

from my friend Jan …

I so love this story- and the picture of those 2 little boys... ah, their innocence... the beauty of it all. It always made me wish that one of those boys was mine. For sure it would make me Mother of the Year to have a little one think so innocently, so lovingly. I think the first time I read that story (was it on your blog, Ginnie?) it brought tears to my eyes.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home