Saturday, September 14, 2019

Wendy in Prague ...

Wendy writes:
I arrived in Prague from Bulgaria at noon yesterday.  I’m in a hostel in the thick of the touristy part of town, getting my bearings, figuring out where I’ll be staying for the next month or so. I walked for hours today, up the hill to the Prague Castle and monastery, then down into the Old Town where I found a textile/fashion exhibit at the Museum of Decorative Arts that rivals similar shows I’ve seen at the Met in NY.  

Food here is amazing and cheap. After a feast last night of bean/sausage soup, fresh tomato salad and roasted new potatoes, tonight I’m cooking at the hostel. I got a delicious loaf of stout rye bread, 1/2 dozen eggs, and yogurt, all for the US equivalent of $2.42!
                                           
                                       View of Prague from Strahov Monastery hill.


          The 14th century Charles Bridge tower (my hostel is the blue building to the left).



                                                        Steeples at Old Town Square  

                                                   

                            Stained glass panel at the Museum of Decorative Arts  


Next up:   Wendy travels a few hours south of Prague to Cesky Krumlow where she will 


settle in for a month and concentrate on writing articles about her exciting journey.



                        




4 Comments:

Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

I am really enjoying this series, Ginnie. Thanks for sharing it with us.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

Prague is a gorgeous place. Wendy is going to love it. I look forward to her observations!

2:23 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Beautiful pics! I’d love to go there someday. Thanks for the link to your website! I just ordered your book!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

I am so happy she is taking you and us along. Love the price of groceries and the great architecture.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home