Sunday, August 27, 2017

Here's an earth shattering idea ...


I read a long article recently explaining what happens when an incoming administration picks Senate or House members to fill their needs. Of course this leaves their positions open and it means that special elections need to be held to elect their replacements.

The article went on in great detail to discuss how this works and the concerns of the candidate … will the President's endorsement help or hinder … do I espouse the strict party line … am I open to having my past exposed … etc, etc. ?

It was an interesting article but, as usual, I found it discouraging. Why do the politicians have to make it so convoluted ? I guess it's because they won't get elected if they simply … horrors ! … TELL THE TRUTH !


6 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

Lol. Politicians and truth? Incongruous!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

They tell us what we want to hear and sadly most buy it.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

Once again I hit the delete button instead of the publish and I lost the comment from NCmountainwoman. Sorry and here is what she wrote:

"I fear the truth as we have known it is gone from politics forever. The pols have learned they can lie with impunity because people believe what they want to believe even when confronted with proof of the lies. Look no further than Trump."


6:07 AM  
Blogger Big John said...

Blimey ! ... You should see some of the slippery chancers sitting on the benches over here at Westminster.

6:34 AM  
Blogger joared said...

We wouldn't want to muddy up the facts with the truth now would we?

9:55 PM  
Blogger possum said...

In my old age I have learned that Truth is elusive. We all might 'see' the same thing but we interpret it differently. Your truth is yours, mine is mine. But for politicians, some of them have many 'truths' about one subject. And people hear what they want, so a "good" politician plays to his audience. And there is the scary part. My Trumpet neighbor across the street sees the same things I see, hears the same words, but interprets them totally differently.
I am working on defining the word Truth... have not found a definition that makes me feel satisfied... But I know it is in short supply in DC!

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home